Team, Chapters and Fans: Thank You for Being You.
AO was founded in 2007 with a simple goal: To create a community for those who share a passion for the United States soccer teams.
We're reminded of that every time a World Cup rolls around — in the photos and videos shared from our 200+ chapters throughout the country and beyond.
To those of you who have been with us since the beginning, or those who signed up in the past couple of weeks: Thank you for being part of this community — this family.
To our chapter leaders: Thank you for putting in so very, very much work to create an atmosphere that makes your chapter bar THE place in your town to watch the U.S. play.
To our chapter bars: Thank you for your hospitality each and every time we gather — but especially when it necessitates all hands on deck, even when the sun's still rising (or in many places, hasn't even risen yet).
To those of you who traveled abroad to cheer on the team in person: Thank you for living "Where you go, we'll follow." We know the players heard y'all — we certainly could over the air.
And, of course, to the U.S. Men's National Team: You showed so much heart and fight in exorcising the memories of a missed opportunity in 2018. While we wish we were watching you take on Argentina this Friday, we know the future is incredibly bright.
Before we look ahead to 2026, though, we've got one heck of a 2023:
- January: WNT + MNT friendlies (find ticket info for the MNT friendlies below).
- February: SheBelieves Cup — host city/opponent/ticket info coming very soon.
- March: The CONCACAF Nations League continues; should we advance, it's on to the...
- June: CONCACAF Nations League semifinals + finals.
- June-July: CONCACAF Gold Cup. We expect to learn host cities early next year; the final is in LA.
And perhaps the biggest one of all...
- July-August: The Women's World Cup. Despite the massive time zone difference with New Zealand, our first two group stage matches (7/21 vs Vietnam, 7/26 vs Netherlands) will kick off at 9 PM EDT — not bad at all! Our third match vs a TBD kicks off at 3 AM EDT. Of course, that time zone difference won't matter much if you're -in- New Zealand! More on that below.
Here's to a great 2022, an even better 2023, and to you all.We love ya.
Cheers, #AOAway Crew!
Thank you again for traveling thousands upon thousands of miles to support the USMNT and bring the AO Family spirt to the festivities.
We know the players appreciate it — heck, they even acknowledged it:
December 07, 2022